Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tomato Chickpea pasta soup

I intended for this to be soup, but it turned out very thick. It also turned out yummy!

1 quart of chicken broth
1 small onion
Lots of garlic
Tuscan seasoning
Dried parsley
Dried oregano
Cumin
1 package of thin spaghetti noodles (I used orgran which is 13.5 oz)
1 28 oz can of diced tomatoes (with juices)
1 15 oz can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed)
Small amount of olive oil
Shredded cheese (Optional, I used taco seasoned)

In a big pot, saute the onion and garlic using the olive oil. Add the chicken broth, slowly, and then the can of diced tomatoes. Season as desired. Let this come to a boil and add the bag of noodles. Cook on high for about 5 minutes or so and then add the chickpeas. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the noodles are soft. Allow to sit for a few minutes. When dishing, stir in some cheese and enjoy.

1 comment:

Batty said...

Yum! I bet I could use veggie broth instead of chicken and be just fine. And I like thick soups.