Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Engagement

On March 11, my boyfriend and I got engaged! The weekend before that everything had suddenly hit me and I'd become a little panicked. He gave me a beautiful emerald necklace that was supposed to be part of my anniversary gift and told me that he wanted to spend a lot more time with me and not to worry. A week later, he proposed with the matching ring. He had wanted to do that on our anniversary but unfortunetly everyone knew and he was worried someone would spill the beans. He even asked my Dad's permission!

Our date is June 5th of this year. We're going to marry before leaving for Alaska so that my family can see and his family is going to try and make it down here. So, I've been even busier with planning this. We've actually got quite a few of the details worked out already. Today we're going to go get our passports and I'm going to find out about my blood test for the marriage license.

I can't tell you how excited and happy I am. My Dad and I will dance to What a wonderful world by Louis Armstrong and he and his mom will waltz. We want our first dance to be a Frank Sinatra song and the other day he made me tear up because he was singing one. He's got such a nice voice! We'll even be taking dance lessons starting in a few weeks.

2 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Congratulations!!! June 5th is a great choice - this June 5th will be my 12th anniversary. :)

Batty said...

Congratulations to the both of you! This is fabulous news.